Saturday, January 17, 2015

Good Turn Coffee

I'm one of those people who can't fully function in the morning without a solid cup of coffee. And I come from a long line of those people.  I don't believe my Grandmother's house has ever been without a hot pot of coffee.  And when I walk into my folks' house on a weekend, I never have to ask if my dad will join me in a cup. The answer is always yes.

I've been following Good Turn Coffee on Twitter for awhile and as I recently invested in a coffee grinder, it seemed like time to try a pound.  It was just in time for a visit from my family over New Year's so I knew I'd have a tribe of coffee lovers to try the Full City Roast.  We finished off two 12 cup pots between the five of us over the course of brunch, so really, is there higher praise for a coffee?

I'm polishing off the pound this weekend and, cup in hand, decided it was time to tell the rest of Minneapolis/St. Paul to buy themselves a pound (or four).  The owner, Chris, wrote this blog post when he began the business and despite his obvious nerves in kicking things off, he has a great product! And to add to the good vibes inherent in a great cup of coffee, Good Turn passes on the warm fuzzies by donating a portion of profits to local youth leadership initiatives.  So far, the Boy Scouts have been a recipient of those feel good funds, and Chris hopes to expand donations to other local groups such as Teen Challenge as his business grows. Help him spread the love and get yourself a great cup of coffee by sending Chris an order at paypal@goodturncoffee.com. Also give Good Turn a follow on Twitter (@GoodTurnCoffee) for updates on when and what Chris is roasting.

Follow me in all my well-caffeinated glory @TheMinneapolite.

No comments:

Post a Comment