Friday, February 6, 2015

Sassy Spoon

I've been looking forward to the Sassy Spoon opening for months!  I frequented the food truck at various festivals over the past year and had a mild addiction to their wild rice salad. Add to my enthusiasm that their new spot in East Nokomis is walking distance from my house!

The restaurant took over the former 3 Tiers space, and the bright, colorful interior is a perfect match for flavorful entrees and a warm, family-friendly atmosphere. A selection of ciders, mead, and wine are available for purchase and a range of small plate appetizers start off the menu.  The entree list is short but provides a great range of proteins and flavors. The spiced beef and collards pictured below was delicious and the meat was perfectly cooked, juicy with small pieces of charred crispiness. My friends tucked into plates of pulled pork and chicken curry and every mouth was happy.

We sat and chatted in the cozy space for awhile, and it was easy to picture many future lunches and suppers at my new neighborhood spot. Welcome to the 'hood, Sassy!

Follow me on Twitter @TheMinneapolite!



No comments:

Post a Comment