Monday, November 26, 2012

Beaujo's

I went to Beaujo's for the first time on a first date over four years ago.  I wore a coral-colored sundress and my shoes hurt.  I've remained friends with that first datee, much to my happiness.  And I'll be forever indebted to him for introducing me to this cozy little gem, even if the romance never quite grew legs.

Beaujo's has never been a place I ate a solid meal.  While I know they serve sandwiches and flatbreads and such (and given my luck with their lighter fare I'd imagine their denser dishes are equally yummy), I've always felt more inclined to soups and breads and cheeses when nestled at a table with friends.  I've sipped glasses (too many?) of reds while having painful heart-to-hearts with girlfriends. I've dunked crusty bread into thick broths while bemoaning the death of chivalry. And, most recently, I've escaped the chill of the late autumn air with a bowl of ginger squash soup and a pile of tapenade and goat cheese-smeared crackers.

Beaujo's, quite simply, is a place I end up when I want to laugh, gossip, cry, flirt, or relax.  It's a place that feels like a happy nook within which to experience the perfection of conversation + food. A nook to make memories in.

No comments:

Post a Comment