Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pig and Fiddle

I have been wanting to try out this "younger sibling of the Muddy Pig," Pig and Fiddle, in Edina for ages. It says something about my corned beef sandwich that I plowed through it before remembering to take a photo. Hence, a photo of my empty plate with a few remnants of the pile of crispy frites I doused with vinegar.

I'm always a sucker for pub fare. Memories of my summer studying in Bath (which has its own Pig and Fiddle, where I had my first Strongbow) make me a softy for vinegar-soaked fries, a ploughman's plate, and a pint of something smooth.

We lucked out and tested the pub's flight of California beers, courtesy of Rubicon. The stout, in particular, was fantastic.

The menu is chock full of stick-to-your-ribs fare and the rabbit stew alone will inspire my return. But the focus here is a thick list of unique brews, peppered with lots of local favorite breweries like Surly, Summit, and Fulton. Happy hour lets you shave $2 off those beers, making test-driving a few new brews a little less painful on the wallet.

A great addition to the 50th and France area!


No comments:

Post a Comment