Sunday, November 4, 2012

Good Earth

I've never had a bad meal at The Good Earth, whether I'm at their Edina or Roseville location. I've had a mild addiction to their turkey meatloaf with red pepper sauce and gingered yams.  It's one of those dishes that has kind of ruined me for most purposes at the restaurant.  I rarely deviate from the turkey meatloaf route and despite thoroughly enjoying that dish (obviously...mmm, red pepper sauce...) I regret not being more adventurous with their menu.


After my rare deviation last night, I'm even more frustrated with myself that I haven't tested the waters with other dishes.  The trout with cilantro-pumpkinseed pesto and butternut squash called my name, in part because butternut squash and I are currently in the throes of a passionate love affair. I'm not sure if a person can overdose on butternut squash, but if it's possible, I'm close. And I was also intrigued by the cilantro-pumpkinseed combination as I couldn't quite imagine cilantro flavors being embraced by the earthiness of pumpkin and butternut.  But the tinge of bitterness in the kale was the perfect foil for the cilantro and the plate ended up being a perfectly light, perfectly autumnal evening meal. 

Suffice it to say, the turkey meatloaf is going to have to take a spot on the back burner for awhile.  Clearly, I have some menu exploring to do, of which the trout was simply step one. 

Follow my yummy traipsing around town on Twitter @TheMinneapolite

No comments:

Post a Comment