Saturday, February 9, 2013

Singing Hills Dairy

I'm not sure what to say about this gem other than I love their chevre.  Singing Hills Dairy pops up at various farmer's markets around town but this is the first time I sampled and it's probably best that I waited awhile to discovery them. I really don't need an additional justification (they're local, I should support them, right? It's almost immoral NOT to, right? Goat cheese is good for you, right?) for buying cheese.

 I tried the honey/lavendar chevre and the curry feta today at the Mill City Winter Market and loved both.  I'm regretting not picking up the feta as I'm now imagining everything I could do with that little miracle but it was the chevre that called my name this afternoon. $5 buys you smallish tub, probably enough for 4-5 salads like that pictured, roughly 1/2 cup. See how my little gnome salt and pepper shakers stand guard over that beautiful chevre-blessed salad? They know what's up.  They know I bought something delicious. The gnomes always know.


Follow me on Twitter at @TheMinneapolite

No comments:

Post a Comment