Sunday, April 20, 2014

Rusty Taco

It's rare that I'm wandering across the river. I'm usually in the St. Anthony Main area with a purpose. But a day off left me with time to kill and the desire to wander so I popped into a few shops and, as luck would have it, noticed Rusty Taco about the time my stomach started growling.

This place is cheap! I happened to be there on a Friday during Lent so the fish tacos were a whopping $2.  On any other day they clock in at $3, still respectable.  I had a grilled fish (with the addition of avocado for $0.35) and a pulled  pork for lunch and that was plenty for me. Seeing as the national chain originated in Texas, I expected the pulled pork to be a bit better but it was overly sweet for me.  The fish, however, was great! And the salsas were good enough to justify a bowl of chips next time (free refills). With beer and cheap tacos available, I'm assuming this place is doing just fine with the college crowd. But even if you're a solid decade out of college, like me, this is a great spot for a quick bite.

The next time you're tempted to stop for fast food in the Northeast area (or St. Paul and now, Maple Grove), Rusty Taco is worth a stop for a fun alternative.

Follow me on Twitter @TheMinneapolite

No comments:

Post a Comment