Saturday, January 16, 2016

Boss' Pizza and Chicken



 Yes, the possessive form of "boss" should be "boss's," this is correct.

Now that we're past the grammatical issue, Boss' Pizza & Chicken pizza is great! Mere blocks from my house, I've driven by this kinda dive-looking corner pizza place a million times but only recently made an order. I didn't know until it arrived that it was a thin crust style (thicker crusts and gluten free crusts available), and that was a pleasant surprise. Growing up in St. Louis, I'm a sucker for that style of crust, thin and crispy without being too cracker-ish. This was a really solid showing, definitely the best version of that crust I've had in the Cities. The veggie pizza is pictured and my church group also shared a pepperoni and sausage.  I ordered over the phone and despite ordering at prime supper time, the pizzas arrived in under half an hour.  I realize part of the speed could be my proximity, but I was impressed nonetheless.

Their menu includes a host of chicken options, too, and I've heard solid accolades from neighborhood folks for the wings.   I'm also intrigued by their broasted chicken, which I bet would win raves as a last minute pick-up for dinner. Whip up a couple easy sides, plop some broasted chicken on the table, that would surely make you a hero. You can also order any pizza topping/variation as a calzone. But for now I'm just happy to know that the corner spot minutes from me makes a great thin crust pie!

Follow me on Twitter @TheMinneapolite


No comments:

Post a Comment