Friday, January 25, 2013

Bulldog Nordeast

I do a lot of planning when it comes to where I go out to supper.  There are always a dozen or so places I'm keen to check out when someone asks me, "where should we get dinner?" But even the lists of new and new-to-me places are tossed aside when hunger, cold weather, and last minute planning come into play.  After a beer at Fulton brewery (ahhh, Sweet Child of Vine, how I love thee), I whined to a friend that I was hungry.  Hence, the decision to head to Bulldog Northeast, an easy drive from the taproom.

I've been to the Bulldog in Uptown too many times to count.  It's walking distance from me and so, in a pinch, this is where I often end up with friends when we're feeling indecisive and just want a good burger, a good beer list, and maybe some darts. The Northeast locale is bigger, of course, and the menu tends to offer a few more unique choices than the Uptown location, Delirium-braised mussels, tuna tartare, etc. 

I opted for the black bean burger Rooster style,which involves a sriracha glaze, housemade sweet pickles, garlic aioli, on a warm, thick bun. If this wasn't the best veggie burger experience of my life, I can't recall what could have trumped it.  I could eat this every day for the next month and be totally satisfied with life.  I'm a sriracha nut, and this glaze provided just enough kick to balance the sweetness of the pickles.  Served up with the asian vinaigrette-tossed salad, I couldn't have asked for a more satisfying impromptu supper. One of my favorite humans across the table, a new favorite burger on my plate...if only every Thursday wrapped up that nicely. 

Follow me on Twitter @TheMinneapolite

No comments:

Post a Comment