Friday, January 18, 2013

Third Thursday at MIA

What is not to love about Third Thursday? Art, adult beverages, interesting humans, local music? The Minneapolis Institue of the Arts really has hit on a groovy little heartbeat of Minneapolis art-and-music-and-all-things-nifty with its monthly get together.

This month saw Paper Darts, a local lit/art mag, hosting a series of Choose Your Own Adventure stories by local authors. We scavenged about, following the teenage dramatics in The Ts, traipsing from one room to another, stopping to admire creations that struck our fancy. Bowen's new "Underwater" was a particular favorite.

My comrade and I also took part in the crafty color-your-part-of-the-exquisite-corpse project. As evidenced by our offerings, we are writers, not artistes.

A great evening, a great crowd, and an awesome way to experience area creativity, literary/musical/artistic, mere minutes from my front door.

Thank you, MIA! I will definitely put all Third Thursdays on my calendar!

Follow me on Twitter @TheMinneapolite

No comments:

Post a Comment