Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Score

I really can't say enough nice things about HUGE Theater in Uptown. For $10 on a weekend evening you get to see 3 solid improv acts, unique and engaging in their own way.  They serve good beer. And I find more than one of the regulars quite easy on the eyes. My weakness for funny, bearded men continues unabated.

Improv crushes aside, I just have to encourage EVERYONE to check out The Score.  It's a creative, hilarious, quasi-pantomime improv peopled by some of the strongest improv actors in the Cities. Acting out vignettes inspired and underscored by audience members' iPod/iPhone playlists, the show garners laughs not only for the comedic joy onstage but also because everybody guffaws when Seal's Kiss From a Rose on the Grave (what?!) booms over the speakers. Yes, somebody has that on their iPhone. Somebody you'd otherwise admire. The world is a hilarious, terrifying place.

All the shows last night were great, but The Score is such a cool idea and is performed so expertly, I had to plug it a bit.  I love this theater, and I think you should, too.

Follow me on Twitter @TheMinneapolite

No comments:

Post a Comment