Monday, January 21, 2013

Pizza Nea

Pizza Nea has been on my "to eat" list for a good while, and a recent trip to the Guthrie provided the perfect "where should we eat beforehand" question to justify a trip.

I'm disloyal when it comes to my pizza preferences. I've loved Chicago style, St. Louis style, thick crust, thinner, typical delivery, Boboli with packaged pepperoni, homemade crusts with whatever-is-in-the-fridge...if the word "pizza" has been attached to it, I've enjoyed it in some form.  Yes, even pizza rolls.

But one of my grandest pizza memories occurred in Milan.  Visiting solo one weekend this past summer, I wandered the city without knowing a stitch of Italian and loved every second of it.  I made meals of gelato and espresso and, of course, pizza.

Pizza Nea reminded me of that Milanese experience, sitting at a rickety outdoor table a stone's throw from the Duomo.  And that is high praise for Pizza Nea.  Great Neapolitan-style crust, fresh ingredients, and a price that won't set you back.

Follow me on Twitter @TheMinneapolite

No comments:

Post a Comment