Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Left Handed Cook

Midtown Global Market is fast becoming my favorite place to grab a bite to eat when I'm feeling otherwise uninspired.  The Left Handed Cook has exacerbated this feeling by being overly delicious, cheap, and delicious, and delicious. 

I love pockets of flavor.  I love little mounds of distinct ingredients that you can poke around in, pull apart, mix together, divide and conquer. The bok bok bowl at LHC is, therefore, paradise for my combination OCD/foodie nature. A lightly poached egg glues all these happy flavors together, with the spice of kimchee floating over fried (but not greasy) chicken and rice. The meal is satisfying without feeling heavy, and that's ideal, given that there are bites of cheese to be had next door at the Grassroots Gourmet and cupcakes to be tasted at The Salty Tart. 

The danger of a dish as wonderful as the bok bok bowl is that I'm going to be tempted to order it religiously, ignoring all other options.  It's clear I must bring more friends next time and require each of them to order something different so that I can taste everything.  I'm bossy, people can deal.

Check out The Left Handed Cook at Midtown Global Market and follow me on Twitter @TheMinneapolite.


1 comment:

  1. For me, their poutine is hard to pass up. So much more flavorful and fun than the "standard" version of the dish.

    ReplyDelete