Saturday, December 29, 2012

Harriet Brewing

I need more kinda-drafty, there's-only-one-bathroom brewery joints in my life.  And I'm not being sarcastic. Bars get boring.  Anything 100% polished gets boring fast. Another Blue Moon?  Another gin and tonic? Another leather bar stool with a hook to the right to hang my purse?  How convenient.

The taproom explosion is old news at this point.  But this was my first trip to Harriet Brewing's taproom and I review things that are new-to-me, not necessarily new-to-the-world. And I just loved it. I loved the couches in the sitting area.  Loved Crankshaft's tunes. Loved the food truck parked outside. Loved the West Side beer in my hand, all tangerine goodness of it (yeah, weakness for Blue Moon implies a weakness for any beer incorporating citrus notes). Loved sitting on the arm of a plush couch and talking to perfect strangers about the music, the beer, our favorite restaurants nearby.

I'm not a beer connoisseur.  I only know what I like.  The beer was good, but the atmosphere of living-the-dream-folks-thanks-for-buying-a-glass was what made the evening happy.  It's not as pretty as Indeed Brewing, to be sure, but I have a soft spot for the less polished folks. And I will make it a point to lift a Harriet brew when I'm out at other locales serving the good stuff around town.

High five, Harriet, keep it up!

Follow me on Twitter @TheMinneapolite

No comments:

Post a Comment