Sunday, December 9, 2012

World Street Kitchen

I trudged up to this new neighborhood joint in the midst of our 8-or-so inch snow dumping. Hallelujah, it was well worth the tumble I took on an ill-shoveled sidewalk.

WSK is housed at the apartment complex at 28th and Lyndale, dangerously close to Buffalo Exchange (dangerous considering my affection for both food and cheap clothes).

I'm not sure where to start with this place. There were too many items on the menu that piqued my interest so I'm positive I'll have to venture back.  The po'boy, specifically, makes me curious. As a former New Orleanian, I feel it's my responsibility to testdrive all area attempts at Cajun food.

WSK won points immediately for having Summit Saga on tap and the Saga paired wonderfully with the Korean BBQ lettuce wraps and aloo chaat. The BBQ was the winner of our pair but the chickpea party was excellent, too. The BBQ was tender and expertly sauce, with enough green onions to cut the sweetness. I wish the kimchee had been spicier but I recognize I live in a city of spice-phobes. And with a number of sriracha bottles dancing around, patrons can spice things up to their hearts' delight.

The interior is casual and with late night hours I imagine this could be a genius stop post-drinks, post-game, post-party, post-bad date, post-good date, post-anything. Good beer, delicious food, reasonable prices...welcome to the neighborhood, WSK!

Follow me on Twitter @TheMinneapolite

No comments:

Post a Comment