Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Dangerous Man Brewing Co.

I frequented Dangerous Man twice last week, which says something in and of itself. The first time I was traveling solo and stopped in to pick up a gift card and figured, heck, I should just have a beer. It was a Wednesday around 5 pm and the place was pretty quiet, with a handful of people scattered around, a couple in suits clearly stopping in after the office, and others with laptops nursing a study-supportive brew. I asked for a recommendation and was directed to the Chocolate Milk Stout, which clocked in at $3 for a 10 oz pour.  I'm not usually a stout person, but sometimes a dark, creamy beer seems like the best possible remedy to rainy day doldrums.

This beer is amazing! Really. Amazing! Like I said, stout isn't my thing. I tend to like a lighter, sharper flavor, but everything about this beer made me want to keep drinking it forever. I was sad to walk away after only one 10 oz, but could also see what a happy addition Dangerous Man must be to the neighborhood.  If I lived nearby I'd be tempted to close out every workday (and weekend, right?) with a quick stop at this cozy, welcoming corner locale in Northeast Minneapolis. The taproom is closed on Sunday and Monday, but you can prepare for the Monday gloom by picking up a growler for home.

My second trip to Dangerous Man was on Friday night with a group of ladyfriends and the place was busy but not suffocating. We opted for a few chairs on the long picnic table in the center of the room and as is the nature of sitting down at a table across from strangers, we struck up a conversation with the fellas across the table.  Dangerous Man seems to be the perfect place for easy conversations with friends and strangers alike, everyone smiling at the beer in their hand, everyone toasting the end of a week.

They don't serve food at Dangerous Man but they're walking distance from some great places and they encourage you to bring food inside with you. Next time, I'll be stopping by a to-go order of fish and chips from the Anchor before settling in for another Cream Ale (my choice on night #2), a perfectly light and summery ale that just begs to be sipped in the sunshine.

Follow me on Twitter @TheMinneapolite

No comments:

Post a Comment