Thursday, May 30, 2013

Maeve

The more I wander around the Northeast Minneapolis Arts District, the more time I want to spend there and the more frustrated I am with myself that I've avoided it these last several months.

After a recent trip to Dangerous Man Brewing I had an hour to kill and a stomach to fill  (poetry!) so I wandered over to Maeve, a lovely cafe just kitty-corner to the brewery. I wasn't starving but once I looked at the menu I kinda wanted them to deliver my lunch for the rest of my life.  And I could have a nutella panini for breakfast?? Really? Man, I love a good sandwich, with or without chocolate hazelnut spread.

No nutella this time, and no sandwich, but Maeve's Chopped Salad, which was a crisp, light, filling plate of greens, ham, herbed chevre, and warm buttered bread. I admit that just seeing the herbed spheres of chevre made me decide that from now on I need to serve chevre that way. So cute and pretty and fun to eat, not to mention delicious.

I sat at the window at the high seats looking out over the sidewalk.  A pile of magazines and newspapers were stacked to my left and another diner sat alone to my right, typing away on her laptop.  This is definitely a place one can enjoy a solo trip, but it's a great place to just chill and chat with friends, cozy and comfy, with a small but satisfying menu that should make even the pickiest sandwich connoisseur happy.  And I bet those sandwiches wrap up real handy if you want to bring them over to Dangerous Man...

Follow me on Twitter @TheMinneapolite

No comments:

Post a Comment