Saturday, March 16, 2013

Chez Arnaud


I've never been to Chez Arnaud so I cannot give a full review but I had to gush a wee bit.  The pictured pain au chocolat was purchased for me by a dear friend while I ran a half-marathon this morning, and was savored a few hours later. 


I've treasured my share of french pastries in France and Switzerland. And while my kitchen table in Uptown Minneapolis is a far cry from a darling cafe in some dear French town,  the pastry itself was straight out of my best memories of french patisseries. Buttery, light layers, generous but not overwhelming bites of rich chocolate at the center. No heaviness, no grease. Just perfect sweetness surrounded by the best justification for the existence of flour and butter. 

If the promise of this particular pain au chocolat awaited me at every finish line, I imagine I'd be a much faster runner. 

Follow me on Twitter @TheMinneapolite

No comments:

Post a Comment