Monday, July 23, 2012

1029 Bar

The 1029 bar is divey in the best sense.  Honestly, if it was dark and I was alone, and I didn't know a stitch about it, I would consider it a place  a sweet lady like myself should avoid. But maybe that's a good thing, a way to keep the uber-uncool (like my walking-alone self) out on the street while those in the know feast on lobster rolls and ogle the millions (probably) of police and firefighter badges and patches from all over the country that decorate the walls.

The 1029 recently partnered with the Smack Shack, the adored home of lobster rolls and other delicacies (lobster mac and cheese, anyone?).  I opted for the lobster salad as I'd spent the afternoon sipping too much beer and felt mildly guilty about it from a caloric standpoint.  But there is nothing chintzy about this lobster salad.  Served with grilled toast, arugula, corn and a perfectly light dressing, it's an easy way to pat yourself on the back for eating a salad (so, so healthy) without giving up sweet, buttery lobster mixed with mayonnaisey goodness. You're eating a salad, good job! Buy yourself a beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment