Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cafeteria

 I've been to Cafeteria in Uptown a few times, once for dinner, once for brunch, and once just for drinks on the roof. The restaurant's full name is the Uptown Cafeteria and Support Group, which I find completely bizarre.  Support Group for...?

Name weirdness aside, I haven't been disappointed.  Their drinks and rooftop really are quite fun.  And yesterday for lunch I enjoyed a tuna melt and shared the Twinkie Cake with a good friend.  The tuna melt I wouldn't get again.  The tuna salad aspect was just a bit too high on the goop and low on the flavor.  I rather wish it had just been great ahi tuna with some cheddar on top, but perhaps I just like my tuna melts to get most of their mush factor from melty sharp cheese.  I was definitely impressed by the homemade english muffin and their hemp seed vinaigrette is delicious.

The twinkie cake was a happy experience but I didn't love it enough to commit to it again.  It was a nice portion for sharing, definitely, and as a coconut fan, I support all dessert that come with fresh shaved coconut.  But next time I'm in the mood for dessert I'll try something else.

I do recommend the shrimp and grits (had those last time) and any of the salads with their multiple vinaigrette varieties.

No comments:

Post a Comment