Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tres Jolie

I'm still debating what will and will not go on this blog.  But for now it makes sense to me to include run-ins (happy and not-so-happy) with providers of goods and services in the Twin Cities.  And today, I had a happy revisiting of Tres Jolie salon, and the picture to the left is proof of said happiness (I hope).

I recently had a not-so-happy haircut at another establishment in Uptown that managed to make my hair feel and look heavier despite taking off an inch.  Not sure how they managed that, but I wasn't adept enough at hairstyle-speak to remedy the situation.  So when I could not handle the bangs situation any longer, I returned to Tres Jolie, a salon that has made me happy in the past and that I clearly need to stick to henceforth to avoid other Uptownian nightmares.

It's hard for me to plunk down $60 on a haircut.  But the skill at Tres Jolie (I highly recommend Liz, who was excellent tonight) is worth the price tag.  I'm not always great at articulating what I want out of a haircut, especially if I'm already quasi-annoyed with my style.  But Liz cleaned me right up and gave me (finally!) a bangs-to-hair-length ratio I can get behind. I realize maybe I'm overanalyzing, but I think most women can relate to the I-don't-like-my-hair-but-I-don't-know-what-to-do-about-it-please-help-me vibe.  Tres Jolie is adept at coming to the rescue and I've already scheduled my next appointment with Liz (and you should, too).


No comments:

Post a Comment