Friday, August 17, 2012

Belle Weather

I love a good doodah. A "doodah" is a decidedly Southern word for a trinket, a small thing, or, when I'm feeling lazy, any "thing" that I lose the word for at any given time.  But in shop instances, it almost always refers to some sweet, small object (I almost said, "doodah" right there), usually of the pretty variety. Belle Weather, on Lyndale, is chock full of delightful doodahs!

The location is good in some ways, not great in others.  On a pretty day, it's easily walking distance from the Lake/Lyndale intersection and if you're a bike rider, you're golden.  But as it's nestled several blocks away from the intersection, it's likely overlooked by those shopping in Uptown on a weekend.  But really, that needs to change.

                    They recently added some resale clothes to the mix, which is fantastic.  They have a colorful, gently-used collection with lots of recognizable labels scattered among more unique pieces.  They have a beautiful selection of jewelry and many locally-designed purses and trinkets all of which would be perfect for gifts or for a random I-feel-like-buying-myself-something-pretty-and-unnecessary moment.

While you're there, you can check out June next door, an "upscale resale" shop with a lot of top designers and an excellent shoe and handbag selection. With these two gems side by side, there is zero excuse for skipping over them on your next Uptown shopping expedition. The doodahs await!

Follow me and my doodah pursuit on Twitter @TheMinneapolite

No comments:

Post a Comment