Saturday, August 4, 2012

Egg & I

If Pizza Luce is my choice for pre-race carbing up, Egg & I (Little Egg location, never been to the St. Paul Big Egg) is my choice for post-race carb replacing (and it is now clear that I routinely cancel out any calorie burn from a half-marathon with these two habits). Cheap and quick = two things hard to find in Uptown, especially on a Saturday.

The kamikaze cake (pictured), stuffed with blueberries and topped with bananas, blueberries, and pecans, is my go-to and I favor the multi-grain version (although my curiosity is piqued for the sourdough). Today I supplemented the carb overload with a side order of canadian bacon, so I'm sure this meal qualifies as "healthy." I can never muscle all the way through one kamikaze cake, I always need help.  But that's what friends are for.

I've also enjoyed probably half the egg-oriented dishes on the menu and I cannot say enough nice things about their sausage links. My one complaint?  I don't like see-thru glass mugs for coffee.  No logic behind that, just don't like 'em.  If they had ceramic mugs, this place would be perfect.  But if that's the ONLY thing I have to complain about, I think this place is close enough to perfect for you to give it a try.

Follow my eatings (pre- and post-race) on Twitter @TheMinneapolite.

No comments:

Post a Comment