Friday, August 17, 2012

Pedal Pub


I realize these party vehicles have been traversing the streets for a good long while (and until last night I felt like the only soul who hadn't tried the Pedal Pub), but as is common on this blog, I'm going to review the experience even if I'm not among the first to do so. I get to things in my own sweet time.

First off, I feel like this would be a miserable experience if the weather failed to cooperate.  A hot, muggy two hours cranking away at this contraption would have made me cranky, beer or no beer.  But our weather was absolutely perfect, almost cool, and said cranking was no more overwhelming than a leisurely bike ride.  I think I may have had a slightly harder time pedaling just because I'm short and the driver confirmed that the pedals are really built for someone over 5'3 (ugh...foiled again...I round up to 5'2).

We took the Nord'East route and the driver really looked to the group for preferences as to stops.  We made a stop first at Tony Jaro's for a Greenie (no clue what is in that other than a violently green form of kool-aid and a good deal of alcohol) and then on to 1029 (overcrowded so we skipped it) and Jimmy's for beer sticks (delicious).

We brought snacks, which is heavily encouraged, but failed to dig in until the last 20 minutes of the two hour tour, so I'd recommend popping open that can of Pringles or tub of taco dip earlier in the evening.  Also, you do work up a smidge of a sweat pedaling this contraption so dress accordingly.  It's a great time and a reasonably-priced, unique outing so it'd be high on my list for a birthday party or work happy hour event.  And I don't think you could get a better location than Nord'East.  You end where you started, wonderfully close to Stanley's and myriad other famous bars so the evening doesn't have to wrap up when the pedaling ends.

Pedal over to Twitter and follow me @TheMinneapolite

No comments:

Post a Comment