Saturday, August 18, 2012

Chef Shack

I've visited the Chef Shack a few times, mostly at concerts or festivals around town.  Last night I was happy to note that it was parked next to Indeed Brewing, ready to supplement the liquid calories with some perfect-to-soak-up-that-beer choices.

I split an order of sweet potato tacos and they were fantastic! Upon viewing the choice on the menu, my friends and I debated whether the sweet potato was incorporated into the taco interior or if it somehow made up the taco shell itself. These are deep, powerful discussions after a couple strong brews.  We were happy to note that the sweet potatoes were creamily mashed beneath a layer of black beans (somewhere in there was a kick, a hint of spice) and a layer of cabbage and sour creamy sauce. I piled a good helping of their homemade pickles on the side, just because I love homemade pickles.  I don't know that they're the logical companion for sweet potato tacos but I was happy.

I asked a few other patrons about their orders and either everyone was in a superlative-shouting mood (fantastic! mind-blowing! amazing!) or their orders were just as delicious as mine.  One guy even noted that he absolutely loved his pulled pork tacos but was "devastated" that he hadn't ordered the bison burger with egg instead.  I really hope he pulled himself together and ordered the burger.

Check out the Chef Shack website for their dedicated locations.  They're at Mill City and Fulton farmers markets on Saturdays, and I can promise that an order from their traveling nirvana would be the perfect cap to a sunshiney afternoon digging through local produce.

Keep track of my food truckin' on Twitter @TheMinneapolite

No comments:

Post a Comment