Sunday, August 19, 2012

Lord Fletcher's

Lord Fletcher's, in Spring Park, is a mainstay of Minnesotan summers. With a lakeside view and a delicious take on the surf and turf genre, it's just a classic, perhaps unsurprising, spot for dinner.

I thoroughly enjoyed my prosciutto-wrapped swordfish but I was more impressed by my companion's stuffed scallops. I never would have thought to stuff scallops with a cumin-laced corn mixture but I'm happy to find more creative minds than mine in the Fletcher kitchen.  So I appreciate the kitchen's ability to surprise me despite my expectation that "surprising" would not be an adjective I used to describe the meal.

It's nice to be wrong sometimes.

But even without the surprise of yummy scallops, the meal was a comfort. They have perfected the sweet creamed corn (and as a Southerners, I have strong opinions on creamed anything), and they know how to make a mean mocha pie. All in all, a lovely meal on a lovely evening.

Follow me on Twitter @TheMinneapolite


No comments:

Post a Comment