Sunday, August 26, 2012

Minnesota State Fair Food Round 2

Round two picked up where round one left off, with the successful acquisition of a corndog. This corndog, however, was actually a beef and wild rice corndog, which was a yummy Minnesotan homage to the classic.

A few hours in, the corndog was no longer satisfying, so I tried a steak kabob from the Minnekabob stand. I don't know what they marinate their steak in but I want to buy a tub of it.

I polished off the night by providing emotional and practical support for Molly's purchase of a deep fried Minneapple pie. Paired with cinnamon ice cream, it was a perfect finale. Nothing exciting about this one, but why does a classic comfort food have to be exciting? Sometimes, just-what-I-expected trumps the renegade recipe. And a warm, flaky apple pie tops a deep fried Snickers any day.




No comments:

Post a Comment