Wednesday, August 1, 2012

King's Wine Bar

I've been to King's Wine Bar at 46th and Grand half a dozen times in the last year.  I don't remember how I heard about it but I ventured that direction on a blind date.  The date was a dud, but the tots were not.  Remember this, intrepid online daters, a bad date is worth housemade tater tots with a gruyere and bacon dipping sauce, so take my advice and at least throw dating caution to the wind with fried potato and a nice glass of something in hand. [I will take this opportunity to apologize for the grainy picture of the tots. Clearly, we were enjoying them a bit too much and I had to halt the festivities to snap a quick pic. My haste in wanting to get back to eating said tots made for a not-fantastic visual.]

Tonight I was in much happier company as I met up with two girlfriends for dinner.  I had a glass of Santa di Terrossa (pinot grigio) with my third of the tot appetizer and nursed the last drops over my salmon burger. I'm honestly not a salmon burger girl.  I think burgers should be made of cow, bison on the rare exception. But the promise of srichacha and onion rings coaxed me into an unorthodox choice.  King's has never disappointed (their meatloaf is better than your mom's) and the salmon burger was no exception.  

My only regret is not convincing my ladyfriends to share a slice of dulce de leche cheesecake with me.  Next time, I suppose. 

King's has a ridiculous amount of awesome going on most evenings.  Whether it be half-price bottles (Wednesdays) or trivia (Mondays) or date night tasting menus (Tuesday) or happy hour (3-6pm everyday, includes $2 off those tots), you really can't go wrong.  And if you're looking for even more reasons to venture to 46th, check them out at the 46th Street Block Party and King's Birthday Bash on August 12th. King's burgers AND face painting? You have nowhere better to be. 

Follow all my gustatory adventures on Twitter @TheMinneapolite

No comments:

Post a Comment